Barco’s OpSpace is the first personal workspace that creates a single workspace – consisting of a number of displays on the operator’s desk – for viewing, monitoring and interacting with multiple clients that reside on multiple networks with different security clearances or liability concerns. All relevant information can be consulted and manipulated within a single pixel space, with just one mouse and keyboard. In this way, the operator is at the center of the information and has all data within easy reach.
One view. Total control.
With just one click, the operators can call any application into a work area positioned in front of them. They can then interact with this application while maintaining an overview of the other applications still present in the peripheral vision. This provides a more ergonomic and intuitive way of working, contributing to lower stress levels and better decision-making.
Because security is essential in control room environments, Barco’s OpSpace can provide secure access across multiple domains, integrating only at the presentation layer. Operators are physically separated from the back-end systems that host the content, so that the system complies with governmental regulations and corporate requirements. Furthermore, OpSpace was designed for use in 24/7 environments − so the stability, flexibility and robustness of the system have been tested rigorously to prevent any failure.
- One pixel-space
- Integrates information coming from many disparate sources and networks
- The 'work area' concept
- Allows any application to be copied into a work area in front of the operator, offering an optimal overview
- Task-oriented, intuitive user interface
- Makes sure no time is lost during crisis situations
- 1 keyboard/mouse/audio
- Provides seamless control across all sources
- Security on every level
- Secure access to any application across multiple security domains
- Less equipment at the workspace
- Virtual environment with extremely low latency